TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tripsta’s MoneyBack Guarantee is governed by the Terms and Conditions set forth below. Non-conformity with our Terms and Conditions gives us the right to not cover the claim, partially or entirely.
I. The following words or phrases have the meaning shown below wherever they appear in bold in this document.
Illness – A sudden incident where treatment is essential in order to maintain life and/or to provide alleviation from pain, suffering or lesions.
Accidental Injury – Bodily injury that is caused exclusively from violent, accidental and by external and visible means and constitutes the exclusive cause of death or permanent, total or partial disability.
You/Your/Yourself – The ticket holder who has purchased MoneyBack Guarantee for cancellation protection from us.
Doctor – A qualified medical practitioner registered with a recognized professional body. A doctor cannot be yourself or a member of your immediate family.
Immediate family – Your husband, wife, registered partner (if the legislation of your host country or state treats registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage), brother or sister, parent or parent-in-law, your (or your spouse’s) children.
Normal Pregnancy – Symptoms which normally accompany pregnancy (including multiple pregnancy) and which are generally of a minor and/or temporary nature (e.g. morning sickness, fatigue, etc.) and do not present a medical hazard to the mother or baby.
Pre-existing medical condition – Any disease, illness or injury (whether diagnosed or not) already occurring on the date of booking.
Ticket – An authorized ticket that was purchased from us.
We/Us/Our – The travel agency operating the website www.tripsta.com.au, whose identification data appears in the website’s general Terms and Conditions.
Incident – The sudden illness or accidental injury or death (as defined above) caused to you or a member of your immediate family.
Claim: Any sudden, accidental, unforeseen act that is not intended by you and/or your immediate family and whose damaging consequences are covered by MoneyBack Guarantee policy which may entitle you or your immediate family (depending on the case) to the refund of your ticket.
II. General Conditions
a) You must:
i) Not be aware of any material fact, matter or circumstance that would cause you to file a claim, at the time MoneyBack Guarantee is purchased.
ii) Take all reasonable precautions to prevent any claim from being made.
b) Unless we agree otherwise:
i) The language of the documents and all communications relating to your claim will be in English.
ii) All cases, which may arise regarding MoneyBack Guarantee and the repayment in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, including negotiation and performance, shall be governed by Greek law, and all parties (you and we) agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Greece.
III. Duration of MoneyBack Guarantee
MoneyBack Guarantee only applies to the booking that such coverage has been purchased for and is in effect from the time the purchase is made (and the corresponding fee has been paid) and expires upon completion of check-in at the first point of departure.
IV. MoneyBack Guarantee Validity
a) MoneyBack Guarantee is only valid when the fee for the service has been paid and your booking has been ticketed.
b) MoneyBack Guarantee applies only if a valid medical certificate can be produced for the relevant travel date and when an immediate family relationship is documented.
V. What We Will Refund
a) MoneyBack Guarantee gives you the right to a refund of the ticket you have paid for, but not used, in the event of sudden and serious illness, accidental injury or death occurring to you or a member of your immediate family, which prevents or makes it unreasonable for you to carry out your trip.
b) We will refund the cost of your ticket if you are unable to carry out your trip due to the circumstances outlined below:
· Sudden illness or accidental injury, confirmed by a doctor, occurring to you or a member of your immediate family during the period between your ticket purchase date and travel date that requires inpatient hospitalization, provided that the period of hospitalization or post hospitalization recovery period (as prescribed by the doctor) exceeds the travel date.
The above service is offered: (i) in the case of accidental injury for all ages, and (ii) in the case of sudden illness only if you or your immediate family member is under the age of 70 years old.
Cancellation as a result of serious complications due to pregnancy, which occurs before the 36th week of a pregnancy, is covered.
· Death occurring to you or your immediate family due to a sudden illness or injury/accident.
c) If there is more than one cause for a claim, the first of the causes that are produced and justified shall be used as the cause.
d) MoneyBack Guarantee covers only the purchase price of the ticket including the service fee, luggage, and seat charges.
e) MoneyBack Guarantee does not cover supplementary purchases, such as hotels, car rental, etc.
VI. What We Will Not Refund
We will not provide a refund when:
- An illness or death is the result of a deterioration of a pre-existing medical condition and/or chronic illness which could be expected to occur within the period of coverage for MoneyBack Guarantee.
- An illness or death is caused by surgery, or a change of treatment or medication for a pre-existing medical condition.
- An examination, treatment and/or admittance to the hospital was planned prior to the flight being booked.
- Symptoms that accompany a normal pregnancy which is of a minor and/or temporary nature (such as morning sickness and fatigue) and do not present a medical hazard to the mother or baby, including a combination of minor symptoms, are the sole reason you are prevented from travelling.
- Your flight is cancelled, abandoned, postponed, curtailed, or relocated.
- You decide not to carry out your trip or you are prevented from travelling other than for a reason included within the present Terms for MoneyBack Guarantee;
- You cannot provide necessary documents that certify the reason for the cancellation, such as a doctor's report for illness and/or accidental injury, etc.
You are unable to attend the trip due to:
- Any consequence of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolutions, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot, civil commotion, strikes, lockout, terrorism, malicious intent or vandalism, confiscation or nationalization of or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority;
- any natural disaster (such as some of the following natural phenomena: earthquakes and seaquakes, extraordinary flooding (including the sea’s battering), volcanic eruptions, atypical cyclonic storms (including extraordinary winds with speeds of more than 135 km/h), tornados, fires and storms with meteorological phenomena characterized by significant alterations of the atmosphere, bolts of electricity, thunder, lightning, wind and intense rain, snow or hail);
- an outbreak of a contagious disease and the Government or any agency acting on behalf of the Government has imposed a ban on travel;
- any epidemic of diseases such as but not limited to SARS, Avian Flu, Tuberculosis, Hemorrhagic Fevers (including Ebola and Marburg), Meningitis, Measles, Mumps or Rubella;
- • the event there is an influenza pandemic and the World Health Organization has raised the threat level to “Phase 5”.
- You make a false or fraudulent claim and/or support a refund application b a false or fraudulent document, device or statement;
The cause of claim is:
- Any act intentionally perpetrated by you and/or your immediate family, such as an act of wrongful misconduct, self-injury or suicide, reckless imprudence, serious negligence or act of crime.
- Any accident that is produced while you are under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, narcotics, psychotropic drugs, stimulants or any other substances that are analogous thereto.
We will not pay:
- The fee charged to you for the purchase of the MoneyBack Guarantee; once the protection is purchased, the fee related to it is non-refundable;
- For travelling or associated expenses (unless travel costs are included as part of the total purchase price of the ticket), or any loss other than the purchase price (including service fee), of the ticket;
- Any costs you incur in submitting or providing evidence to support your refund application.
VII. Claim and Refund Procedure
You must file your claim by sending an email to email@example.com with a summary of the incident and all the documents that evidence the cause of cancellation attached. You may also call our passenger service center to receive instructions for the refund procedure. All claims must be filed within 30 days after the travel date.
VIII. Documents to be Provided in the Case of Claim
a) You are required to provide us the necessary documents that evidence the cause of cancellation in order to be entitled to the refund.
b) Depending on the nature of your claim, you have to provide at your own expense the following:
- Documents that evidence the incident/cause of claim, such as an admission form, medical report, death certificate, hospital documents, etc. These document should include the date that the event occurred, the cause, the diagnosis, the prior records or antecedents and the treatment prescribed.
- Any reasonable additional evidence that we ask for.
c) If the cancellation is due to an incident suffered by an immediate family member, a document that evidences the relationship between you and said family member must be presented (a certificate of birth/family affiliation for each of the parties involved).
d) All documents must be received within 30 days of the claim being filed with us.
a) The refund shall be made within 30 days of confirmed receipt of full and satisfactory proof of our obligation for repayment in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
b) The refund will be made to the credit card number that was used to purchase MoneyBack Guarantee. If MoneyBack Guarantee was purchased by other means of payment, you will be instructed to provide us with valid bank account details to complete the refund.
X. Cancel Your Purchase
You are entitled to cancel MoneyBack Guarantee within 14 days from the date of purchase, provided that your check-in date is at least 14 days away. The refund usually takes up to 15 working days following the cancellation date to be processed. Due to bank procedures, it may take an additional 7-10 days before appearing on your bank statement. You can cancel your MoneyBack Guarantee by contacting our passenger service team.